The mission of Sebastian Charter Junior High is to provide an educational environment where students will have learning opportunities that set high expectations for academic growth, foster individual achievement, and stress character development.
The vision and purpose of Sebastian Charter Junior High (SCJH) is to educate and inspire students in a challenging and wholesome environment.
The staff and board of directors
of SCJH believe that:
- all students can be successful;
- education is a partnership between school, home, and community;
- integration of reading, math and technology skills into all subject areas is fundamental in achieving student success and preparing students for the twenty-first century;
- dedicated teachers challenge students and provide opportunities for students to pursue individual interest;
- and a small school provides a sense of community and a safe and secure environment.
SCJH will provide learning opportunities to improve learning for all students, be accountable to its students, parents, and the School District of Indian River County (SDIRC)
, and provide opportunities for students with:
- a small school environment with a low teacher to pupil ratio of 1:22 school-wide;
- community service projects;
- an emphasis on reading and math skills;
- parent and community involvement;
- an education that is meaningful to each student;
- dedicated teachers who care and work hard and are active participants in the decisions that affect their classrooms and students.